Volunteer with Cabo Verde’s Diaspora Charity
As a UK based organisation, we welcome anyone who can support the work that we do and offer their time and skills to help us achieve more. You can volunteer with Cabo Verde’s Diaspora Charity at any time that suits you best. There is a variety of things that you can help with.
We aim to have a positive impact, not only in the lives of children and families in Cabo Verde, but we also want to make a positive contribution to the city where we care based – London.
We welcome volunteers that can help provide a service to locals and support our fundraising efforts. Our service to locals includes help accessing training, education, employment and social services.
Your time and skills
- As well as raising funds for families and children in need in Cabo Verde, we hope to do out best to contribute towards greater social integration and mobility within local communities in London. We run employment and education seminars helping people with basic tasks such as completing forms, writing and CVs/ covering letters. We also help people find local colleges and courses suitable to their development goals.
- Our fundraising will include activities within local communities in London and all the support that you can give is welcome. Please contact us if you are interested in getting involved when we plan our next fundraising activities in London.You can help with a variety of tasks varying from event promotion to practical arrangements such as preparing/ordering food and refreshments.
If you have an idea for fundraising activities that we could organise please send us your suggestions.
If you do live in the local London Community and have identified other issues where we may be able to offer support please do let us know.
The following skills are some of what we are looking for:
- Good/very good writing and spellings skills
- Good communicator, able to speak clearly and effectively with people from a different social backgrounds
- Good team worker
- Easy-going and open
- Social media skills
- Accountancy skills
- Be of good personal character